Vapour sets high standards for ingredient performance and purity, meeting or exceeding international clean beauty standards. Our ingredients are responsibly sourced and have been chosen for lowest environmental impact.
Vapour provides this information as an educational service. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration and are not intended to help diagnose or treat any malady.
- Acacia Flower Wax (Acacia Decurrens): Edible tree wax used as a binding agent. Plant derived.
- Arginine: Naturally occurring amino acid with skin supportive benefits. Plant derived.
- Ascorbyl Palmitate: A combination of vitamin C and palmitic acid, a natural EFA (Essential Fatty Acid). Plant derived.
- Avocado Oil (Persea Gratissima), Organic: Skin conditioning and rich in triglycerides of oleic acid. Also contains palmitic, linoleic and palmitoleic fatty acids. Plant derived.
- Bamboo Stem Extract (Bambusa Arundinacea): Bamboo is silica-rich with skin-supportive and nourishing benefits. Plant derived.
- Baobab Seed Oil (Adansonia Digitata), Organic: Cold Pressed Organic Baobab Seed Oil is sustainably grown, harvested and processed in Sub Saharan Africa. Rich in vitamins as well as Omega 3, 6 & 9 EFA’s (Essential Fatty Acids). Plant derived.
- Bayberry Fruit Wax (Myrica Cerifera): A plant wax created from Bayberry skin. In cosmetics it’s beneficial as a skin conditioner, stabilizer, thickener and film former. Pleasantly scented and traditionally used as a medicinal. Plant derived.
- Beeswax (Cera Alba), Organic: Antioxidant and skin softening. It helps skin retain its own natural moisture, and creates a protective, long lasting breathable barrier against the elements. A natural emulsifier. Organic Beeswax is sustainably harvested to protect bee colonies. Its production helps maintain the Earth’s population of healthy bee species, which are threatened by pollution and pesticides. Healthy pollinating bees are vital to the survival of all species. Naturally derived.
- Bergamot Peel Oil (Citrus Aurantium Bergamia/Risso), Organic (Bergaptene-Free): A specially sourced essential oil of Bergamot that is non-phototoxic. Provides a fresh uplifting complex top note in scent blends. A warm spicy citrus with transportive floral notes. In aromatherapy Bergamot is believed to soothe depression and relax anxiety.
- Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer: Two natural oils flash-heated to create high viscosity and shine. Plant derived.
- C10-18 Triglycerides: An ester of glycerine and fatty acids. Skin conditioning. Plant derived.
- Calendula Flower (Calendula Officinalis), Organic: Extracted from the marigold flower. Calendula helps balance the skin and reduce the appearance of redness. Contains beta-carotene, other carotenoids, complex polysaccharides and isoquercetin. Plant derived.
- Camellia Seed Oil (Camellia Oleifera), Organic: Antioxidant, readily absorbed light oil which gives skin a beautiful texture and glow. Plant derived.
- Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia Cerifera): Plant wax derived from a shrub native to Mexico. Film former, stabilizer and skin conditioner. Plant derived.
- Candelilla/Jojoba/Rice Bran Polyglyceryl-3 Esters: A blend of three plant waxes that are stabilizing and emulsifying. Provides soft cushiony skin feel due to its ability to retain six times its own weight in water. Plant derived.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride: A combination of coconut oil and glycerin. High in fatty acids and assists in retaining skin moisture. Gentle on the skin. Plant derived.
- Carmine: Carmine is a natural rich red colorant used in cosmetics. Historically used by the Navajo and other native peoples around the world. Derived from cochineal.
- Carnauba Wax (Copernicia Cerifera), Organic: A stabilizing hard wax sourced from drought-resistant Brazilian Palm. Gives body and imparts a glossy finish. Plant derived.
- Castor Isostearate Beeswax Succinate: Castor oil and beeswax derived natural polymer that is created solely with heat and pressure. It increases wear time and enhances texture. Naturally derived.
- Castor Seed Oil (Ricinus Communis), Organic: This superior humectant and skin conditioner; creates a protective barrier against the elements. Castor Oil provides excellent stability, gloss, and pigment dispersion characteristics. Plant derived.
- Celery Seed Extract (Apium Graveolens): Spicy, warm, long lasting scent. Plant derived.
- Cellulose Gum: A naturally occurring substance in plant cell walls. Widely used in the food and cosmetics industries as a natural thickener, emulsifier, stabilizer and film former. Plant derived.
- Cetearyl Alcohol: A mixture of two vegetally sourced fatty alcohols, cetyl and stearyl. An emulsifier and an opacifier with additional skin benefits; it moisturizes and helps the skin retain moisture. Plant derived.
- Cetearyl Olivate: Fatty acid emulsifier. A waxy ester made from cetearyl alcohol and olive oil. Plant derived.
- Cetyl Alcohol: A fatty alcohol that serves as an emulsifier as well as a skin softener. Plant derived.
- Cetyl Palmitate: A waxy, fatty acid ester that conditions lashes. Plant derived.
- Cinnamic Acid: A scent component smelling of honey and spice. A precursor of flavonoids sourced from cinnamomum cassia. Antioxidant and skin conditioning. Plant derived.
- Citral: Scent component that naturally occurs in the essential oils of plants with a strong lemon scent. Plant derived.
- Citric Acid: Found in citrus fruits, the acid is a natural PH balancer and preservative. Chelating agent used to boost preservative efficacy. Plant derived.
- Coco-Caprylate/Caprate: A mixture of esters of coconut alcohol. Plant derived.
- Coconut Oil (Cocos Nucifera), Organic: Deeply penetrating moisturizer and antioxidant. Beneficial for dry, itchy, sensitive skin. In its virgin state it has a pleasant warm aroma of fresh coconut. Plant derived.
- Corn Starch (Zea Mays): A carbohydrate extracted from corn kernels. Plant derived.
- Cranberry Fruit Water (Vaccinium Macrocarpon), Organic: Natural scent component from cranberry. Plant derived.
- Ectoin: An natural stress-protection molecule that helps protect skin from UVA-induced premature photo-aging. Naturally derived.
- Elderberry Fruit Extract (Sambucus Nigra): Super-antioxidant and skin conditioning. Contains bioflavonoids that help to tone and firm the appearance of skin. Plant derived.
- Ethylhexylglycerin: A preservative enhancer derived from vegetable glycerin. Plant derived.
- Fig (Flavor/Aroma), Organic: Organic fruit extracts suspended in a base of organic sunflower oil. Plant derived.
- Frankincense (Boswellia Carteri) Gum: An ancient sacred plant resin traditionally used in religious ceremonies. High in sesquiterpenes, it is reputedly stimulating and elevating to the mind. Nourishing for dry and mature skin; it can be helpful for breakout prone skin. Plant derived.
- French Vanilla Flavor Oil, Organic: Organic fruit extracts suspended in a proprietary organic base oil. Plant derived.
- Galactoarabinan: A polysaccharide derived from the Larch tree. Highly bio-available and excellent in in making skin look smoother and firmer, minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Plant derived.
- Gellan Gum: Gelling agent. Plant derived.
- Geraniol: Used as a flavor component. It is an important compound found in some essential oils including: lemon, ginger, lavender, lime, orange and rose. One of the most important molecules in the flavour and fragrance industries. Plant derived.
- Ginger (Zingiber Officinale) Water: Natural scent component steam distilled from ginger root. Plant derived.
- Glycerin: Sugar alcohol derived from vegetables. Humectant and skin softener. Helps skin retain moisture. Plant derived.
- Glyceryl Caprylate: Regulates skin’s moisture content. Plant derived.
- Glyceryl Stearate: Fatty acid that moisturizes skin and acts as an emulsifier. Gives the skin a soft and smooth appearance. Plant derived.
- Glyceryl Undecylenate: An ester of glycerin and undecylenic acid. Derived from castor oil and canola oil. Moisturizes skin. Plant derived.
- Glycine: A non-essential amino acid made from sugar cane. Thought to help support healthy collagen production. Also used as a buffering agent. Plant derived.
- Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis) Leaf Extract, Organic: A potent antioxidant skin soother. Rich in polyphenols, helpful in protecting skin from environmental stressors. Plant derived.
- Hectorite: A naturally occurring clay in the Montmorillonite family. Widely used in cosmetics for many benefits including as an opacifier, a binding and stabilizing agent. Also aids in pigment suspension. Mineral derived.
- Honokiol: Antioxidant with preservative action. Sourced from bark of the Magnolia tree. A polyphenol rich compound prized in Eastern Medicine. Plant derived.
- Hydrogenated Castor Oil: Castor oil with hydrogen added to thicken its viscosity and increase skin hydration by slowing the loss of water. Hydrogenation also increases stability and shelf life. Topical use of hydrogenation does not present the trans-fat issues of ingestion. Plant derived.
- Hydrogenated Ethylhexyl Olivate: A combination of esters and hydrogenated olive oil. Skin conditioning. Light and dry with no oily residue on the skin. Excellent natural alternative to silicone.Topical use of hydrogenation does not present the trans-fat issues of ingestion. Plant derived.
- Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables: A by-product in the production of hydrogenated olive oil. Rich in phytosterols clinically shown to be beneficial in the maintenance of plumper looking skin. Plant derived.
- Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil: Vegetable oil with hydrogen added to increase viscosity, skin moisture levels, product stability and shelf life. Topical use of hydrogenation does not present the trans-fat issues of ingestion. Plant derived.
- Hydroxypropyl Starch: Used as a viscosity agent. Sourced from tapioca starch. Plant derived.
- Iceland Moss (Cetraria Islandica) Extract, Organic: Skin soothing and a folk medicine in its native Iceland. Plant derived.
- Immortelle (Helichrysum Arenarium) Flower, Organic: Native to Europe and Asia, the flowers are rich in flavonoids, a compound vital to biological processes. Plant derived.
- Iron Oxides: Mineral pigments used in cosmetics. In their natural state these ancient colorants have been used for cosmetics since the age of Cleopatra. They provide rich pigments of browns, russets, blacks, and yellows. Iron oxides used in cosmetics are made in a lab for consumer safety, since naturally produced varieties are often contaminated with heavy metals. Iron oxides are gentle enough for sensitive skin, are non-toxic and known to be non-allergenic. Synthetically derived.
- Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate: EFA (Essential Fatty Acid). Emollient. Acts as a natural emulsifier and pigment dispersant. Plant derived.
- Jojoba Esters: A complex mixture of long chain fatty acids and fatty alcohols joined by an ester bond. Jojoba is the plant oil that is most like human sebum and a superior moisturizer. Plant derived.
- Jojoba (Simmondsia Chinensis) Seed Oil, Organic: A liquid wax similar to the natural oil our skin produces. Moisturizing, soothing, and beneficial for all skin types. High in Vitamin E. Plant derived.
- Kakadu Plum (Terminalia Ferdinandiana) Fruit Extract, Organic: An Australian fruit that contains the highest known concentration of Vitamin C, at a level 100 times that of oranges. Pleasant scent of plum. Plant derived.
- Kaolin: One of Earth’s most common minerals. Cosmetically used an opacifier and thickener. Also has skin protectant qualities. Minerally derived.
- Lacquer Tree (Rhus Verniciflua) Peel Wax: A plant wax used to create a protective barrier and help retain in moisture. Plant derived.
- Larix Europaea Wood Extract: A skin-conditioning humectant. Sourced from the Larch tree. Plant derived.
- Lauroyl Lysine: A skin nourishing essential amino acid. Sourced from molasses. Plant derived.
- Lemon Balm (Melissa Officinalis) Leaf, Organic: Antioxidant and high in natural phenols. In the Mint family. Known to soothe insect bites, stings, and other causes of skin irritation. Plant derived.
- Lemon (Citrus Limon) Peel Oil: Rich in the powerful antioxidant d-limonene. It’s refreshing, uplifting aroma is stimulating and mood enhancing. Plant derived.
- Limonene: The major component naturally present in citrus peels. All citrus essential oils have a high limonene content and limonene is commonly present in scent blends for perfumery and food flavoring. Plant derived.
- Linalool: A natural scent component of many flower and spice derived essential oils. Plant derived.
- Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Seed Extract: From Flax seeds, this oil is emollient and skin conditioning. Plant derived.
- Lotus Leaf Extract (Nelumbo Nucifera), Organic: Antioxidant, astringent, soothing and cooling. Lotuses have long been sacred in Buddhist, Hindu and Egyptian traditions. In these cultures Lotus flowers are believed to bear prosperity and fertility, and allow the inner self to bloom. Plant derived.
- Macadamia Seed Oil (Macadamia Integrifolia), Organic: Oil-rich nut containing high levels of vitamins and essential minerals. In cosmetics it is prized for its high moisture content and added benefits as a scent fixative. Plant derived.
- Magnesium Stearate: A salt comprised of the essential fatty acid, stearic acid and the mineral, magnesium. Stearic acid is found in cocoa and grains. Naturally derived.
- Manganese Violet: An inorganic salt used as a cosmetic colorant. Approved safe for cosmetics by the EU without restriction. Synthetically derived.
- Mica: Natural silicate mineral that is iridescent and reflective, imparting a lovely shimmer to the skin. Minerally derived.
- Microcrystalline Cellulose: Sourced from refined wood pulp. In cosmetics it functions as an anti-caking agent and emulsifier. Also used in food and vitamin supplements. Plant derived.
- Myrrh (Commiphora Myrrha) Gum: Resin from the sacred plant Myrrh, skin soothing and moisturizing. Plant derived.
- Myrrh (Commiphora Myrrha) Oil: Essential oil from Myrrh resin. High is sesquiterpenes aids in mediation. Plant derived.
- Octyldodecanol: A long chain fatty alcohol used as an emulsifier and skin conditioning emollient. Sourced from vegetable oil. Plant derived.
- Octyldodecyl Myristate: Extracted from vegetable oil. Skin conditioning. An ester of Octyldodecanol and Myristic Acid that gives tinting strength and opacity to color product. Plant derived.
- Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate: Forms a barrier on the skin and slows water loss. Skin conditioning and used as a thickener. Made from a naturally occurring fatty acid in vegetable oil. Plant derived.
- Orange (Citrus Aurantium Dulcis) Peel Wax, Organic: An antioxidant skin soothing wax obtained from the peel of the sweet orange. Beautiful scent of orange. Plant derived.
- P-Anisic Acid: Stabilizer, scent component and preservative sourced from Anise seed. Plant derived.
- Pentylene Glycol: Humectant and natural preservative. Sourced from corn and sugar beets. Softens and conditions skin. Plant derived.
- Phenethyl Alcohol: Aromatic alcohol used as a preservative. Plant derived.
- Plum Apricot (Flavor/Aroma), Organic: Organic fruit extracts suspended in a base of organic sunflower oil. Plant derived.
- Polyglycerin-3: Polymer of glycerin with 3 units of glycerine. A moisture creating mild emulsifier. Vapour uses only plant-based glycerines. Plant derived.
- Polyglyceryl-2-Caprate: An ester of capric acid and diglycerin. Skin conditioning and emulsifying. Plant derived.
- Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax: An ester of fatty acids created from beeswax and polyglycerin-3. Used as an emulsifier in natural cosmetics. Plant derived.
- Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate: Emulsifier and skin conditioner. Plant derived.
- Polyglyceryl-6 Distearate: A fatty acid and glycerin combination. Emollient and emulsifier. Plant derived.
- Pomegranate (Punica Granatum) Seed Oil, Organic: Cold pressed from seeds of organic Pomegranate fruit. Helps deeply nourish the outer epidermal layer. High in flavonoids, punicic acid (a conjugated linolenic acid). Rich in anthocyanins, a group of polyphenols known for their powerful antioxidant and skin calming properties. Plant derived.
- Poppy (Papaver Somniferum) Seed Oil: Oil with a high linoleic content. Softens and conditions lashes. Plant derived.
- Prickly Pear (Opuntia Ficus Indica) Seed Oil, Organic: High in EFAs (Essential Fatty Acids) Omega 6 and 9, as well as anti-oxidant Vitamin E and skin brightening Vitamin K. Also contains high levels of amino acids and phytosterols, helpful in maintaining the appearance of plumper skin. The Vitamin E content is 150% higher than that found in Argan oil. Plant derived.
- Propanediol: Preservative-enhancing humectant. A mild non-petroleum derived glycol sourced from corn sugar. Softens and smoothes the skin. Plant derived.
- Rice Bran (Oryza Sativa Cera/Oryza Sativa) Wax: Vegetable wax with a high melting point extracted from the bran oil of rice. Skin conditioning and chelating agent. Plant derived.
- Rosehip (Rosa Canina) Seed Oil, Organic: A light fragrant oil from wild roses, commonly referred to as the dog rose. Plant derived.
- Sal Tree (Shorea Robusta) Resin: Tree resin native to the Indian Subcontinent with ritual significance in both Buddhist and Hindu traditions. In cosmetics it helps tonify the skin. Plant derived.
- Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Seed Oil, Organic: Provides superior skin nourishment. Rich in fatty acids, flavonoids, vitamins, and minerals. Quickly absorbed into the skin. Plant derived.
- Shea (Butyrospermum Parkii) Butter, Organic: Shea nuts are traditionally tended and harvested by indiginous women helping to provide financial independence. Shea butter is antioxidant, skin moisturizing and soothing. Plant derived.
- Silica: A naturally occurring common mineral vital to human cellular health. Nourishes the skin and helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Silica is vital in the formation of collagen. Silica aids in healthy skin, hair and nails and helps balance oily or breakout prone skin. Minerally derived.
- Sodium Benzoate: Preservative sourced from berries and spices. Plant derived.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Holds 1000 times its own weight in water for superior moisturization. Botanical hyaluronic acid is sourced from Cassia Angustifolia (Senna alexandria). Plant derived.
- Sodium Hydroxide: Brine used as a buffering agent. Maintains a safe PH balance.
- Sodium Metabisulfite: Antioxidant and preservative.
- Sodium Phytate: A natural stabilizer and chelating agent that replaces the potentially ecotoxic and human health hazard ingredients disodium EDTA and tetrasodium EDTA (formaldehyde). Plant derived.
- Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate: A food grade emulsifier and skin barrier. Plant derived.
- Sorbitan Olivate: Fatty acids from olive oil combined with sugar. Emulsifier. Plant derived.
- Sorbitan Palmitate: Emulsifier and stabilizing agent. Plant derived.
- Sorbitan Trioleate: Emulsifier and skin softener derived from sugar alcohol. Plant derived.
- Sorbitol: Sugar-based moisturizer and humectant. Plant derived.
- Squalane (derived from Olive Oil): Emollient. Antioxidant. Provides rapid, deep hydration. Olive Oil Squalane is a light textured oil that leaves no oily residue. Plant derived.
- Stearic Acid: Emulsifier and emollient. Plant derived.
- Stevia (Stevia Rebaudiana) Leaf Extract: Hydrating and sweetening. The leaves have a delicious and refreshing taste that can be 30 times sweeter than sugar yet do not promote tooth decay or affect blood sugar. The leaf also contains proteins, minerals and rutin (a flavonoid), true vitamin A, and Vitamin C. Plant derived.
- Sunflower (Helianthus Annuus) Seed Oil, Organic: A highly skin beneficial light dry oil which is rich in linoleic acid, minerals, Vitamins A, B complex, D and E. Plant derived.
- Sunflower (Helianthus Annuus) Seed Wax: A hard plant wax derived from Sunflower oil. A hard wax used as a natural thickener and for its benefits of moisturization and film forming. Plant derived.
- Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Organic: Skin conditioning oil. Plant derived.
- Tapioca Starch, Organic: A carbohydrate extracted from the Cassava root. Plant derived.
- Cocoa (Theobroma Cacao) Seed Butter, Organic: High in fatty acids. Helps skin retain moisture. Plant derived.
- Titanium Dioxide (TiO2): A naturally occurring mineral pigment. Vapour uses a cosmetic grade TiO2. This form of TiO2 is Non-nano particle and NOT a sunscreen. TiO2 gives tinting strength and opacity to color product. Mineral derived.
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E): Vitamin E is a major antioxidant nutrient that helps protect against cellular aging due to oxidative stress. Vitamin E is a moisturizer and also has natural preservative benefits. Vapour has sourced a high-grade E made from a Non–GMO vegetable source. Plant derived.
- Tridecane: Emollient to skin and helps spreadability of pigments. Plant derived.
- Trihydroxystearin: Composed of glycerin and hydroxystearic acid, a fatty acid. A skin moisturizing emulsifier. Plant derived.
- Tulsi/Holy Basil (Ocimum Sanctum) Leaf Extract, Organic: Highly antioxidant. An ancient Ayurvedic whole body tonic purported to help the body rid itself of environmental, physical or chemical stress. Tulsi is sacred in the Hindu tradition. Ayurvedic medicine prizes Tulsi for its restorative and balancing properties. Plant derived.
- Ultramarines: A blue cosmetic pigment composed of sodium, aluminum, silicate and sulfate. Naturally and synthetically derived. Not animal derived.
- Undecane: Emollient without any oily residue. Skin smoother. Plant derived.
- Vegetable Oil: Fats extracted from vegetable seeds. Contains high levels of phytochemicals and nutrients that help moisturize, protect and strengthen your skin. Plant derived.
- VP Hexadecene Copolymer: Film forming agent used as a texture enhancer and pigment dispersant.
- Wax Tree (Rhus Succedanea) Fruit Wax: Also known as Japan Wax, it is used as an emulsifier and thickener. Plant derived.
- Xanthan Gum: Created through the fermentation of sugar. Used as a thickener and stabilizer. Plant derived.
- Zinc Chloride: An inorganic salt. Part of a compound that encourages lash growth.
- Zinc Stearate: Emollient, fatty acid. Naturally derived.